Monday, February 4, 2008

Tracking the money



This month, I want to try something new...saving money. Or at least tracking where it all goes because I sure as hell can't figure it out. It seems like every month, I'm burning through my money with not a whole lot to show for it. It's not like before where I had something to show for it either. I used to buy shit just for the sake of buying it.... now I don't ever seem to buy any non-necessities, but I still spend all of my money anyway.

Now, I do have the house adding a burden to my checkbook, but it's just not that much. I used to pay out more back when I had 2 car payments. I never had a problem back then.

I guess the first step to solving this solution is to see where all my money is going. Then once I figure that out, I need to work on fixing that problem. I need to see where to cut back.

Now, this is all coming from someone that hasn't balanced his checkbook since high school. I am exploring some software solutions (hopefully free) that will help me track my expenses and even keep my checkbook and other accounts balanced. Once I start to see where all my money is going, then I can plug those leaks and save some money.

0 comments: