Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Day 4: Holy poop!

Wow, 4 days without caffeine and I'm feeling fine. The #1 result from this challenge is sleep! Can it be that all these years the one thing I haven't tried to help my sleep schedule could have been the most obvious? Or is this an anomaly? Fuct if I care! I'm getting 7-8 hours of sleep a night!

Last night wasn't filled with all the grinding I had intended. I just wasn't in the mood after my dismal showing in the $13.5K guarantee. I also didn't play a single cash game.

I did however play several $11 SnGs. The results were bad at those too. I played 8 SnG's. I had a 2nd, a 3rd, and the rest were out of the money. I won zero coinflips. The only 60/40 I won was 1 time when I was on the 40 side. It was just one of those nights.

I had some fun grinding out the SnGs and really wanted to do another set of them, but decided against it since it was getting to be bedtime and I was already yawning. I might do a couple sets tonight or play some cash games or maybe a tournament. That's what great about poker these days. I can play what I want!

I'm going to start running a bunch of token races in the next few days because I'd really like to be part of the upcoming BBT3. It sounds like fun and I have found a lot of the bloggers participating in this tourney to be weak/tight and most of the time, easily exploitable. I'm not putting down their play by any means nor will I point out any specific people. There are also a few bloggers out there that I hate to see at the table. Again, I won't mention any names.

Tonight's agenda includes bowling. In fact, it's position week. By my calculations we are in 2nd place, merely 2 points behind the 1st place team. It's kind of hard to say because we are due 8 points that aren't showing on the standings because another team never made up their games. I'm not exactly sure what other teams they didn't make their games up against either. However, if everything is indeed the way I had it worked out on Saturday, then we will be playing the #1 team tonight. If we beat them, then we win the 4th quarter. We have yet to win a quarter this year which sucks. Hopefully tonight is the night. I'm ready!

After bowling, I'm going to wind down with a nice dinner and some online poker.

0 comments: