Monday, February 11, 2008

Change of heart

I've had a change of heart when it comes to these $75 tokens and the FTOPS. I kept a close eye on last night's event. Almost 6000 runners. That's insane! The payout was pretty large, but there's no way I can focus for 10+ hours if I were to wade through that mine field. Sure it would be fun to play, but I'm looking to make a decent score for my $48 I have invested in these $150 worth of tokens.

After eyeballing FTP's lineup, I feel that the $25K guaranteed is the one for me. First of all, it starts around 7:00. That's perfect for me. It catches about 1000 players (it did last night anyway running 1 hour after the FTOPS event). I'm not sure if I'll be able to catch it in time tonight. I'm putting a new water heater in the house. I'll definitely be playing in it tomorrow.

Also, I'll be running many more of these token races. The $24 --> $75 races are a little steep for my bankroll right now. However, I'll be sure to play quite a few $4.40 --> $24 races and then parlay a few of those tokens in $75 tokens.

I'm having fun playing these tournaments right now. Hopefully I can catch a nice MTT score soon. It also helps with my cash games as I normally will play a table or 2 while I'm playing my MTT. When it gets close to cash time, I shut down the cash games though.

0 comments: