Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Stepping down

Stepping down in limits is almost like moving back in with your parents after a couple years of being out on your own. But sometimes it's necessary. Last night was just a horrible run of cards. I got stacked 5 times when I held a set. Twice, my oppenent rivered straights, another two times they rivered flushes, and then once my oppenent flopped quads to my boat. This was the 2nd time that same villian hit quads against me.

Couple last night's bad run with another couple hundred bucks out of the bankroll to buy a new water heater for the house and I'm going back to $25NL for a while. The bankroll isn't at critical level or anything. We'll just call it "out of my comfort zone" for $50NL.

Moving down is pretty depressing because I had such high hopes for this month. I was winning around $23/hr playing $50NL over a small sample of hands. Then Full Tilt decided to kick me in the nuts. I'm still hell bent on having an awesome month. I'm motivated to play poker (mostly because I'm chasing losses now) and I plan on playing an insane amount of hands this month. That's the plan anyway.

Tonight, I'm going straight to the grocery store after work. Then I have nothing on the agenda other than a nice steak and baked potato and some poker. Oh yeah, House is on too. But I'll poker around House.

0 comments: