Friday, February 8, 2008

Bowling, Poker Tournaments, and Government Cheese


I am dedicating a good portion of this weekend to playing some poker tournaments. I really want to get in some FTOPS events, so I'll probably spend a better portion of the night running some satellites trying to get into a couple of those things. I'll also be showing up to dominate the Saturday's with Dr. Pauly tourney tomorrow. I'm definitely a PLO fish, so I should fair well against you nits :)

I also have another bowling tournament tonight. It's nothing special, just a fun no-tap tournament. I finished 9 pins out of the money last week, so I'm looking to rectify that problem. I'd like to break though and snag that 300 pot as well. Nobody hit it last week, so it should be in good shape this week.

I'm kind of torn between bowling this tournament and playing poker. I really want to grind out a shit ton of hands and crawl out of the hole I put myself in a few days ago. I figure I'll just do the bowling anyway 'cause it's good to hang out with friends once in a while to be social. But I do plan on high tailing it back to the PC right afterwards to get started on my quest to become a millionaire :)

Lastly, I just wanted to send another pimp shout out to Government Cheese. This is hands down one of the greatest poker blogs of all time. It's definitely the most entertaining. You take a dude with the discipline to grind out thousands upon thousands of hands in the penny stakes and micro SnG's, add that with some actual poker talent, subtract some sanity, and finally sprinkle in some sick fascination with midgets and ninjas and you get Government Cheese. It's fuckin' brilliant and I LOL everytime I read a post.

0 comments: