Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Back to cash and beyond

I've donked around enough in these tournaments. Now, It's time to focus on the cash games again. I have $176 in tournament entries to use (2 $75 tokens + 1 $26 token). I'm going to use those in conjuction with the cash games and hopefully catch a nice MTT score.

I want to get back to making a video to be critiqued on Stoxpoker. I made one a while back for limit poker, but the audio sucked. The mic I bought was terrible and you pretty much had to deep throat it to get any kind of audio. On today's agenda is to research a fairly cheap but decent mic/headset.

I really want to take my game to the next level. I have this new found motivation to plug leaks and learn learn learn how to win at this game. So, instead of playing a bunch of hands (like I have been lately), I'm going to slow it down a notch and learn. I'm going to hit up the forums, watch some Stoxpoker videos, and practice.

I think I've figured out where I want to be in poker and where I want poker to take me. My goal is to build a bankroll and become a successful mid limit player. If I get to these mid limit ($2/4NL - $5/10NL), then I feel I can make enough money on the tables to "invest" my way out of the rat race. I realize it's a long grind ahead and I'll probably get frustrated with this game moreso than I have been lately. But the fact is that I love the game of poker.

0 comments: