Monday, February 25, 2008

Depression

I get depressed in the winter time easily. I hate the blah weather, the lack of activities, and just the sheer boredom of it all. I guess I could just move. I mean, the only thing I have here is my friends and family. Maybe a move is what I need to get my head out of my ass. But what would I do?

I've been in this funk for the past few weeks. I have been secluding myself from the outside world as much as possible. This is probably the worst thing I can do as it makes me more and more depressed when I have to leave the comforts of my home for the real world. I no longer have any desire to go out on a Friday or Saturday night. All I want to do is stay locked up and wallow in my self pity.

I really wish I knew what to do to "fix" my problem. I always feel better when I actually get out and do stuff. The problem is that I can't really think of anything to do. My friends aren't any help either because they are usually busy doing their own things like having babies, supporting families and such. I'm happy for them, but that's not who I am. But there are times when I feel left out. And there are times when I purposely leave myself out.

It always helps to take a step back and ask myself "What do I have to be depressed about?". Really nothing as far as I can tell. Aside from my day job, I pretty much like my life. Can a job make you feel this way? I try not to let it, but maybe subconsciously it is... I just don't know. All I know is that something has got to change.

0 comments: