Monday, March 24, 2008

Vacation / Pisgah House / My Neglected 360



I'm going to take a hiatus from poker for a couple days. I've decided this is the best thing overall for my bankroll. This isn't a permanent vacation or anything... just until the weekend or at the latest next Monday. Poker has wore thin on my patience the past few days and I need to take a break from the tables to get my head clear. That's not to say I won't be studying the game or even blogging about it, because I more than likely will!

So what to do with all the extra time? Well, I've had my 4th bedroom that needed repainted. That's getting done this coming weekend. Once that is complete, then I'll need to touch up a few things and I'm ready to re-finance the house, which in turn should take a lot of financial burden off me this coming summer. I only expect the room to take a few hours to paint as there is nothing really tricky paint around. The closet was the hardest thing to paint in that room and it has already been done. Once the house is re-financed, I will be able to roll over my HELOC into my mortgage and then pay off the rest of my credit card that got run up a bit during the renovations. I should also be able to pay off my appliances and any other outstanding debts I have. This will ease my financial pain a bit.

Other than working on the house, the weather just hasn't broke like I had hoped, so I still need to do something to occupy my time during the cold hours. My poor Xbox 360 has sit collecting dust for a long time now. I think it's time to break it out. I'm going to find a good game this evening to pick up. I'm probably either going to get Oblivion or Mass Effect. It all depends on which I can find the better deal on. I'll also be placing my pre-order for GTA: IV which comes out towards the end of next month....awesome.

I have missed out on a lot of gaming the past couple years. Some due to poker, but most due to buying a house. There are a bunch of titles for the poor neglected 360 which I'd like to pick up: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Assassins Creed, Orange Box (I've never played any of the Half Life games, except for a little Counter Strike back in the day), COD4, and Bioshock. The good news is that I have friends that have most of these games and can just borrow one instead of having to buy them.

Also, I'd still love to have a Wii, especially since we have SSB: Brawl and Mario Kart coming soon.

0 comments: