Monday, March 17, 2008

TV Debut


I might be making my Television debut this November. No, I'm not at the final table of some random tournament nor am I the guy threatening to swan dive off the top of building. All I did was attend a music show.

I have some friends that I went to high school with that have started a new band. They are not your typical local cover band. These guys are an acoustic old time sounding string band. Think Old Crowe Medicine Show. They had a special guest singer with them Saturday night by the name of Charly Markwart. Evidently she's big time or an big time up and comer in that genre of music.

After the 1st set, these British guys show up. They were a film crew for the BBC. They were filming for a documentary on old time music. Now this band, The Poor Taters, is not your typical "old time" band. They just sound that way. They do cover a couple songs, most notably a Beatles and Rolling Stones song. Anway, the lead singer/guitarist/mandolin/harmonica/kazoo :) player was really excited when the British were making requests. Myspace has to be the best thing that ever happened to local music.

So the film crew filmed the 2nd set for their documentary. I may have made history in the process. I could be the first person in the history of the BBC to flash the devil horns to the camera at a old time music concert :) These boys are that damn good though!

0 comments: