Friday, March 14, 2008

Good to be back

Man, it was nice to hit the tables again last night. I didn't want to quit, but eventually ran out of time. My results sucked again as I broke even on the session. I played well, but never really got into any good spots. I had a hard time staying at good tables too. It seemed like every time I would find a good table, the fish went broke or left and their seat got filled by another TAG.

Since I had a hard time finding the loose/passives, I figured last night would be a good time to change up my game and play against some TAGS. I opened up my range a bit and 3 bet more lightly than normal. It seemed to work too as I had some of them putting in money pretty lightly against me. It would have been a decent winning session too had my TPTK not got rivered by 2 pair (3 outter) and I not got cooled by a QQ vs. KK hand.

I was looking at my graph for the year. It has a nice upward slope to it. However, I'm sitting at the tail end of about a 5,000 hand break even stretch. Well, actually it's a 1000 hand downswing followed by 4000 hands of slowly crawling out.

I'm not sure how much poker I'm going to play tonight. I plan on visiting some friends this evening, so it all depends on how long I'm at their place. I would like to get a couple hours in at some point though. Saturday, I have to install a new shitter in the house, change oil in both vehicles, and go to the bank. I'm going to try to knock all that out as early as possible. If the weather is nice, I'm going golfing. If it sucks, I'm playing poker. Then, there's a concert that evening. However, after the concert, I'll be heading home and probably putting in a long session.

I'm anxious to get this $25NL level behind me for good. I can smell the end of the road, but I'm not quite there yet. I'm also anxious to see all this studying I've been doing start to pay off. My level of concentration at the tables is at an all time high and so is my confidence. Now if the damn Poker Gods would just help me out and let me win some money!

0 comments: