Monday, March 3, 2008

Cruising

I took some time today to study instead of spending all my time playing. It cuts my hands in about half for the day, but is very much worth it. I spent some time reviewing hand histories, some time on 2+2, and watched a good video on Stoxpoker. Those videos always get me motivated to play. I usually sit down to watch a video because I don't really have the motivation to grind. Then about 1/2 way thru, I pull up Full Tilt and begin datamining. Then by the 3/4 point I'm already checking out tables and putting myself on waiting lists. That motivation is worth the subscription fee by itself.

As for my session today...what a bore. I got absolutely no hands to play. My VPIP for the day was 19.5%. That's about 6% below my overall for a $25NL 6 max game. My preflop raise percentage was around 14% which is about 6% below my overall as well. I couldn't find any spots. I had good tables, but couldn't make anything happen. The only pots I could win were bluffs and Ace high "soul read" hands such as:

Full Tilt Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter


BTN: $29.95

SB: $21.75
BB: $96.80
Hero (UTG): $31.60

CO: $27.95

Pre-Flop: A 8 dealt to Hero (UTG)
Hero raises to $0.85, 3 folds, BB calls $0.60

Flop: ($1.80) T 3 5 (2 Players)

BB checks, Hero bets $1.50, BB calls $1.50

Turn: ($4.80) 6 (2 Players)

BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($4.80) 5 (2 Players)
BB bets $2, Hero calls $2

Results: $8.80 Pot ($0.40 Rake)
BB showed A 2 (a pair of Fives) and LOST (-$4.35 NET)
Hero showed A 8 (a pair of Fives) and WON $8.40 (+$4.05 NET)



Yeah, I'm bragging on that one...fuck you... it was my 3rd most profitable hand of the day. My single most profitable hand of the day netted me a whopping 29BBs.

I played a few hundred hands and lost exactly $0.25. Sick downswing I know. So far, I've played a fair number of hands this month, but the results aren't there. I had a small win in my 1st session and a breakeven session today. Things will get better as I continue to grind and polish the game.

Oh, and I was going to play in the $2000 Razzmatards tourney tonight, but missed getting home by like 5 minutes. Fucking red lights every 30 feet in a town with 40 cars.

0 comments: