Thursday, March 20, 2008

Book it!

Yesterday was an irritating day. Around 4:00, things were going smooth and then some douchebag "tech" calls me wanting help installing a tape drive on a Unix machine. Around 5:00, I realized that this just wasn't going to happen anytime soon and told the guy it was bowling time (not in so many words though). The drive home sucked because the wind was blowing 50mph the entire time. Then I sucked at bowling. Well, I sucked, ruled, then sucked again (128, 225, 162).

When I got home, I was just going to watch a Stoxpoker video. Ed Miller has just released a very good video on hand reading. Of course, when that was done, I couldn't help but fire up a few tables. I played about 175 hands in all and was hit with about 4 suckouts and 1 big cooler. The good news is that they were all against shorties. The better news is that I was able to stack a couple people myself and book a FUCKING WIN. It wasn't much, but it was nice. I thought about masturbating afterwards to celebrate, but then decided to just quit while I was ahead.

Tonight I'm back in grinding mode. The only things other than poker on my agenda are dinner with Mom and Lost. In between those 2, I have a couple hours to grind away. I feel confident in my game right now. I patched up some leaks that probably fueled my recent downswing. I'm making good decisions. I just need to stay on that even keel and let things work themselves out. They always have before.

0 comments: