Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Epic proportions

It seems like every other day I'm posting about a downswing on this blog. The beating continued yesterday. I decided to quit early and that was the only good beat of the day. I played 15 SnG's and had a 3rd place finish and a 1st place finish and 13 OOM's. Ugh. Check my sexy Sharkscope graph next time you get a chance. It's a beautiful upward rising slope util the end when it decides to shoot straight down.

Tonight is my poker night and I'm going to continue to grind. I haven't decided if I want to continue with SnG's or play some cash games. I think I want to play the cash games as they should be more profitable and less "variance prone".

My downswing now has reached around the equivalent of 17 buyins. That's definitely the largest downturn I've had in No Limit to date. What kills me is that I'm at the micros! I could probably play a tighter style and kill some of the variance that I catch at the tables. I'm probably going to do that too. I need to keep reminding myself that there's really not any reason to go beyond the ABC's at this point in my poker career.

One good thing about this misfortune I've received on the tables the last few days is that I'm not bitter about it. I've handled it all in stride. Sure I got a little frustrated at times. Yesterday, I just shook my head as my KK lost to ATo, AA lose to KK twice, and once to 77, and JJ lose to TT, all within 15 SnGs.

The only thing I can do is continue to grind and practice good bankroll management. The rest is up to the gods I guess. Maybe I'll donate to a charity or something to raise my Karma. I'm also contemplating moving my bankroll over to Poker Stars and giving it a go on there. I'm not sure if the games are any tougher/softer at their micros, but I know the software is better and so is the VIP program. We'll see, the grass is always greener you know.

0 comments: