Sunday, March 2, 2008

I should just do what I say I'm gonna do

I decided not to quit. Every time I study a certain concept about poker, I immediately want to hit the tables and apply it. I decided to do some cash games for a while. I started out horribly, dropping a few buyins in no time. However, I rebounded because the table selection was extra good tonight and squeaked out a decent profit.

I also had this $75 token burning a hole in my pocket. The 12:00 $23K KO tourney was calling my name. I knocked a guy out early with my AJ vs. his flush draw that didn't get there. $15 ship it. I've basically been staying the same since then. I did suck out once though when I raised pre-flop, SB called. Flopped a set. I potted, he called. Turn brought 3rd diamond. I pushed, he called. He had flush. River paired the board. I fist pumped.

One thing I've been toying with is using a chick avatar on Full Tilt. I'm not sure how many people actually use the avatars, but I'm sure a lot of the fish have no concept of how to turn them on or off. Let's face it, I wonder how they get out of bed without hurting themselves in the mornings sometimes. Anyway, since I have a non-gender specific screen name, people just assume I'm a chick. I got my first compliment this evening. Some dude said I had nice tits. I obliged and then proceeded to iso-raise him mercilessly.

Anyway, there are 190 people left in this KO tournament, and I am about 1/2 the average chipstack. I've been card deal for like the last 37 hours too. I'm tired and hungry and really not in the mood. Maybe a double up will cheer me up.

***

And why is it that the dumbest douche bag monkey throwing idiot at the table is always the one that has the HUGE chipstack? It's simple, play every hand, put money in, suck out, profit.

1 comments:

Mitchell Cogert said...

Hi:

I know you like playing Razz poker from reading your blog. I just wrote a book that's on amazon.com called "Play Razz Poker to Win."

When you get a chance, please check it out.

Thanks
Mitchell