Friday, March 7, 2008

Relax

Last night was a good night for me all around. Poker went well and I just got a chance to unwind. Believe me! I needed it yesterday. The office job wore on my last nerve. I plan on doing the same for the remainder of the weekend as well. Just relaxing and unwinding. Anything to keep my mind off work. Because next week, I have a tough installation to do and I don't predict having a good time.

I started off last night by pulling up a bunch of tables on Full Tilt and just doing some datamining. While I waited, I fixed some dinner (nothing special...frozen pizza) and then watched a Stoxpoker video. The video was for motivational purposes mostly. I find that watching one of those videos before a session makes me want to play more. Motivation is good, right?

I started off quickly last night, winning a buy-in rather quickly. Then things got dead for a while. Then I turned into a total monkey for some reason dropping a couple buyins with a couple of horribly missplayed hands (on my part). Then I decided that I would either quit not or actually play like I had some sense.

So I decided to play like I had some sense. I induced a lot of action even though I was playing only a 24/20 style. That's not overly loose in my book. However, I did 3-bet a lot and I guess this was the trick. It seems like the 3-bet is one of the more powerful weapons at the lower stakes. Not many people do it. However, when I do it, even a lot of the regulars go stupid on how to play the hand and I get paid off with some weak sauce (when I actually make a hand). I also get sucked out on regularly too, but that's OK. I want them calling down light.

Anyway, I focused and played well for the duration of my session and things worked out pretty good as I won a few buyins for my efforts. It's nice to see some green numbers on Poker Tracker for a change.

I'm almost out of $25NL hell and would be if not for that damn water heater :) I can't really complain about my $25NL results though. Here are my stats so far for that level:




The full ring stats are way below expectation because I had a nasty run there at one point. I also have a hard time playing Full Ring anymore. I just don't have the patience, thus the dismal win rate.

I intend to play a lot of poker this weekend because the weather is supposed to be bad. I'm going to watch my Friends' band practice tonight for a bit and then play tomorrow night, but those are really my only plans.

0 comments: