Sunday, March 30, 2008

Big day!



I'm stoked for tonight. Baseball season kicks off for real on the home turf tonight when my beloved Braves meet the stinky Nationals. I love baseball season. It means summer is here. It also means fantasy baseball and shit talking.

I didn't play any poker yesterday. Instead I spent the entire day painting. I had yet to paint the downstairs bedroom. It was a mess too. The room used to be hot pink. Then they had primered it and started painting over that, but never finished for whatever reason. So it was a mixture of hot pink and olive green. Beautiful! I (meaning my Mother) chose a hearth brick color to cover that clusterfuck of colors. It took 3 coats to do the trick. What I thought would be a 1/2 day job was an all day event. But it was worth it. I got to spend time with my parents as they came over to help me.

After that, I watched some of the 2008 Civil Rights baseball game between the Mets and White Sox. Joe Morgan has to be the most annoying announce on earth (Just ahead of Joe Rogan). On normal days, Morgan is barely tolerable, but on Civil Rights day, I finally quit watching. The man just babbles about stupid shit and second guesses every move made by every manager. He also makes sure to regurgitate all this crap about racism and how hard blacks have it. We all have it hard dude, it's the 21st century. Get over it and quit doucheing up my baseball games! Morgan will be on hand to announce tonight's game. My finger will be on the mute button.

I also went to some friends house last night and played some cards (not poker) and watched some stand up comedy on Comedy Central. I have 5 words for you: DANE COOK IS NOT FUNNY!. What a joke this guy is. His entire routine consists of telling far fetched stories in excrutiating detail while making stupid gestures and body movements the entire time. He's a shitty actor too as Good Luck Chuck would prove. My theory is that he spent too much time with Ryan Reynolds on the Waiting set and tried to mimick him.

Today is more of the same. I might grind some poker or might just play some video games. It all depends on how I feel. I'm feeling a cold coming on. I haven't had a cold all year long and it pisses me off that I'm getting one in the Spring time!

0 comments: