Sunday, March 9, 2008

Spring Forward


The roads got pretty treacherous last night, but I still made it to the Club to watch my favorite local band, Pieces of One play. They sounded pretty good with the new drummer and all. One thing that the show made me do is want to pick up the guitar again and bang on it a little bit. I might try to work on learning a new song today or something. Heck, I might even break out the electric guitar.

I never got a chance to play any more poker yesterday. A bunch of family came in and I had to go to a gay baby shower. It was pretty much hell all around. I felt like I was being punished for something. I love my immediate family, but as the branches go out on the family tree, everyone just seems so fake. I did find out that I have a 2nd cousin who works as an FBI agent and lives in China. I thought that was neat. Then I also wondered who the fuck comes in from China to go to a baby shower?

I do plan on playing some cash games today as I'm hiding out from various family members lurking about the town. I also plan on playing the Loose Change Freeroll today at 3:00. Go big or go home is my method of play in that game. It's just such a huge EV tournament with only a couple hundred runners, a $5000 prize pool (or more) and ½ of the field sitting out. Unfortunately, I suck and can't get anything going in it.

I'm going out of town tomorrow. I was originally scheduled to be out of town for 3 days, but it has been trimmed back to 2. However, Monday night in a motel in a boring town = LOTS of poker. I just need to remember to pack my mouse. Playing with the laptop touchpad puts me on life tilt.

I really need to go to the grocery store, but I don't feel like putting up with the Sunday crowd. Plus the grocery store here sucks. I want to take the 20 minute trip down to Virginia and shop at the store across the border. I'm on the lookout for the store that has the best cuts of steak. All the ones around here have little mini steaks. I want to find a store that sells Man's steaks!

Lastly, I've been researching Macs. I think my next computer will be a Mac. There really is not much reason to stick around with Windows anymore. They pretty much ruined it for me with Vista. I really expected Vista to be the release where they caught up with Apple in the interface and stability departments and have failed miserably on both accounts. Let's face it though, the stability thing will never happen when you're going up against a FreeBSD based operating system. Unix > Windows every time! In the interface department, Apple will seem to always have the edge as well. The user interface department over at Apple seems to be an intuitive bunch of people. Whereas, the UI Dept at Microsoft seems to be a bunch of monkeys trying to decide how to add a few more security warnings that the user must click on. "Are you really really really sure you want to delete this email?".

0 comments: