Thursday, March 27, 2008

Live

I'm rapidly approaching being a "bad debt" free man. I'm excited, yet nervous at the same time. One thing I've missed out on since buying this house is being able to play live poker. My area has turned into the next G-Vegas...minus the douchebag police officers knocking down doors to steal your bankrolls and smack you in the face with a bible.

Live poker is so much more fishy than online poker. Yet, the stakes are usually higher than what I play. There is a place nearby that runs a regular $1/2NL game and sometimes spreads $2/5 as well. I've only had the chance to play there once, and of course I ran bad as I had KK all in pre-flop one time against T8s and lost. Then lost a coin toss with a short stacker.

I keep getting text messages about the games running from the host of the games. Occasionally I'll be passing by the establishment when a game is running and the parking lot will be full! I feel left out on all that money that is in play in that big room. I really want to establish a bankroll and be able to play at least the $1/2 games.

When I finish refinancing this house and free up some financial burdens, I can afford to play in that game. Which will be awesome. I'm pretty sure a retarded monkey can beat that game. Luckily for me, my mental capacity is just north of "Retarded Monkey". Bonus!

In addition to those games, there are several other establishments around the area that spread NL games. It's pretty much the same crew of people that go from game to game and pretty much all of the suck. If I can get a bankroll going, I can see online poker becoming a side thing instead of my main gig.

0 comments: