Thursday, March 6, 2008

I got nothing

Not much in the way of poker yesterday. I did manage to squeeze in a couple hundred hands.... at the limit tables. I know...cruising for a bruising and all that. The most amazing thing was that I made a profit. Again, not much, but it looks huge after my last few days of hanging around the dead even line.

As for tonight, the only thing I have on my schedule is to grind out some poker and watch Lost afterwards. I'm anxious to get back on the tables and kick this month in the ass!

I wanted to follow up on the 2 30-day challenges I have going on right now. First of all, the No Caffeine/Water thing is still going. By my calculations, I'm on day 19 of this challenge and doing good. I have been getting sick of water and turning to non-caffeine drinks such as juice and even a Sierra Mist at one time (ugh..who drinks that shit?). Overall, the only positive effect I'm feeling from this challenge is in my wallet, not buying a ton of soda. I drink mostly water that comes from my refrigerator door. Cheap!

My other challenge I have going on is much newer. Again, no real postive health effects yet, but I'm 4 days into my not eating out challenge. I've packed my lunch all 4 days this week and ate breakfast from the comforts of my computer desk. I've been eating mostly sandwiches and fruit for lunch. This morning I did have to get creative because I was out of ham and forgot to pick some up last night. I had a piece of steak left over from the other night that I cut up and put on bread with some A1...it was decent. I didn't buy enough stuff for sandwiches for the week last week, but I'll know better next week. I was in pretty good shape for the rest of my stuff though. I'll drop by the store this evening to replenish my lunch making supply.

I'm still contemplating a 30 day poker challenge, but have yet to come up with a good challenge to try yet. One idea that pop into my head is not looking at my account balances or profits for the remainder of the month. What do ya think? It doesn't force me to play a ton of hands which makes poker dull. However, it does force me to not be so results oriented and just play for the sake of playing. The only downside I see is how do I do it? I could just not pull up poker tracker, but I like to be able to review hands. This requires brining up the ring game menu. I also like to check my Ironman status, but this requires brining up the cashier window also. So I think I got a good challenge, but not a good way to do it.

0 comments: