Monday, May 19, 2008

Yard-ersize

I had a weekend filled with food. I almost feel hungover today because of all the food I had this weekend. It was all good too, but the gluttony ends today. I'm going to grind out a healthy week this week. No fast food, healthy food only for me please. This week, I also want to incorporate at least a little exercise into my program.

I get my new camera tomorrow and there are tons of subjects I want to take pictures of. I'd like to take some photos of the yard, the house, and just the beautiful scenery around me as Spring tries to kick into full gear. One thing I plan on doing with my new camera is taking some hikes into the countryside and just taking pics of the beautiful community I live and work in. The walks/hikes will be good exercise and the photography will make it fun.

Also on my agenda will be landscaping. Saturday evening, I did break out the weedeater and went over the yard with a semi-fine-tooth comb. I used an entire tank of fuel in the weedeater and even hit some spots so thick with weeds, that the trimmer bogged down. When I was done, my tennis elbow had kicked back in and I could barely move my arm. My Mom came by to show me some pictures and when I held a picture, my hands shook like a dope fiend looking for a fix.

Now that the weeds are cleared, the next step is the prep work. I've decided to start with the flower bed that I already have built. It's beside the house and right now, it has a couple of little bushes, some stumps, and a bunch of dandelions that pop up on a daily basis. I want to take a little time each day this week to work on the flower bed. I think this evening I'll work on tilling up some dirt. I have no tools to do this, so I'll have to go shopping in my Dad's utility shed :)

I figure all this yard work is good exercise since it all involves shoveling, picking, raking, etc. I know every time I get into heavy yard work, I'm sore as hell the next day. It's not hard to make a fat man sore though.

0 comments: