Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Cameras

A few years back, I got a Canon SD400 camera for Christmas. It was a pretty neat little deal that would take pictures and videos. Much better than the big clunky 1 megapixel camera I had bought years earlier...back before everyone had a digital camera.

I took that little camera everywhere. It was convenient and easy to transport in my pocket. Then one day I lost it. I looked everywhere. I finally gave up. I resumed my search one day before I was scheduled to work in Parkersburg. The PBA was in town and I wanted to get some photos of the pros. I finally gave up and bought a Canon SD600 from the store the day before I left. That same day, as I was packing my bag, I found the SD400... in the bag I was packing. It all came back to me then. I had taken the camera to the river with me and put it in the side compartment of my bag. This was probably the only place I hadn't looked. Awesome...now I have 2 cameras.

Fast forward a bit more. I no longer have that SD600 camera. I took it fishing with me one day and I know I had it with me the entire time. In my front pocket. I remember taking some pics of the fish I caught. I even remember putting it back in my pocket when I left. I haven't seen that camera since that day last summer. Luckily I had my SD400 as backup. It still worked awesome and took just as good pictures.

A couple weeks ago, I was going to take some pics around the house of various improvements and also some of my food creations. I picked up the orginal SD400 that started this whole ordeal, turned it on, and noticed the LCD screen was solid white with a black streak running down the center. No display, nothing but white and that black streak. I'm assuming someone has knocked the camera off a table and bounced it off my ceramic tile. Taking pictures with that camera sucks now because you actually have to use the peephole instead of the LCD screen. It's hard to get the exact Pic you want that way.

So now, I have a broken camera and no backup.... until today. I just bought a Canon A590 camera. It's cheap and got decent reviews. I'm not picky about my pictures. I just want a decent photo and little aggravation. The A590 seemed to fit that bill. Buy.com had it for $159 shipped. I'm sure as soon as it gets delivered, I'll find my SD600 that I lost fishing.

0 comments: