Friday, May 30, 2008

Crate Training

Yesterday I met my Mother at the Mall (ugh) for dinner. I had to run by the pet store and pick up a crate/kennel for the puppy, so I figured we could grab a bite while there. We ate at Macados which is one of my favorite restaraunts in the area. It has an awesome atmosphere and there are always people there you know. THe food is pretty decent too. Last night was an exception. Our waitress was a retard. The food was mediocre at best.

AFter the disappointing dinner, I headed towards Petland. They should neuter anyone that buys anything from that place. I looked around a bit. I found 1 small crate. Then some scary woman come up and asked me if I needed her help. She was probably a 35-40 year old woman with long, black, greasy hair. She had like two top rows of teath or something going on. And to top it all off, she had a lazy eye. Look up crack ho in the dictionary and her photo is there. Anyway, she went through their entire invetory and no larger crates. So, off I went to Pet store #2.

Pet store #2 was a local establishment. I would have felt better giving them my money. But no go there either. This time I got redneck Jim as my helper. He refused to get off his chair long enough to be any decent help. I gave that store about 30 more seconds and left. Luckily Lowes was next door and I found exactly what I was looking for in no time at all.

When I got home, I let the puppy play around the kennel. I left some treats in there and he started going in and out without fear. Then I shut the door on him and he behaved nicely. Wow that was easy! We went out for a while and then I moved the crate to my bedroom beside the bed. At bedtime, he went right into the crate and I shut the door. HE was in good shape. Then I turned out the lights and he started whining. I kept my fingers through the cage so he could lick them and know I was still there. AFter about 5 minutes, he give up the whining and went to sleep.

This morning, we got up and I let him out to do his business. An accident free day! I played with him really good this morning. He also did some wind sprints through the house for some reason. He was probably a little tired by the time I was getting dressed for work. We went back into the bedroom and he went straight for the crate. Awesome!

-----


I did manage to get in a few hundred hands of poker yesterday as well. I started out horribly, but eventually brought it back and made a tiny profit.

0 comments: