Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Gadget-ry


I've always been fascinated with gadgets through the course of my life. I've had Gameboys, Palm Pilots, Cell Phones, Walkmans, Discmans, iPods, you name it and I've probably had a variation of it. Now we can add a Blackberry to the list. After a long, excrutiating wait at AT&T yesterday, I now have another gadget I'll probably never use to the fullest extent.

I left work yesterday with one goal in mind: Get a new phone/Blackberry. I got home and changed clothes. I donked around on the fantasy league a little bit to allow traffic to die down some. Then I headed towards the store.

The store is in the same shopping center as a Wal-Mart, so it's painful just getting into the parking lot. I finally got the mouth-breathers to part the seas and let me into the parking lot. Then as I walked up to the AT&T store, I saw the line. Ugh. I came to this store, so I wouldn't have to wait in the line at the mall. If I wait and they are out of Blackberrys or come up with some chicken shit excuse for not migrating me over, I'm going to explode!

As I stood in line, I took notice to the setup. They had 2 women working at 2 terminals and nobody else in the store. However, there were 3 other terminals available, but no workers to man those terminals. Efficiency! The front lady was dealing with someone's fucked up bill. The 2nd work dealt with one of the Wal-Mart immigrant mouth-breathers who bought a GPS Enabled phone and was too dumb to RTFM. So, she wasted everyone in the stores time giving out a tutorial on how to find out where you are. It wasn't getting through and that same session was going on, even after I left the store.

Thankfully I made it to the counter without wanting to initiate mass genocide. One thing I hate about these underpaid cell phone jockeys is the negativity.

Me: "I want the Blackberry Curve special, I'm a cell one subscriber and need to be migrated"

Girl: "You do know that we have to move ALL of your paperwork over to AT&T?"

Me: "Isn't that going to have to happen eventually?"

Girl: "Yes...but all we have are red Blackberrys"

Me: "That's the color I want, write it up".

Girl: "It burns when I pee"

I wasn't let the bitch swindle her way out of this one. After a full 5 minutes of work on the girl's end, I had my new Blackberry. Surprisingly everything seemed to work when I got home to play with it. I've spent a bunch of time tweaking, installing, and learning. It's a cool gadget. So cool that I forgout that my new camera was being delivered today...Another gadget to play with tonight!

0 comments: