Friday, May 23, 2008



Well, in 8 long hours it will be Memorial Weekend. I love Memorial Weekend because it's like a little mini-vaction just before the real vacation that happens a few weeks later.

I don't have any real plans for this weekend. I do plan on playing some golf. I haven't hit a single golf ball this year, so that should be a hoot. I'm not sure where we are going yet or who all is going, I just know we're going.

Also on the agenda will be some flower planting at the homestead. I'm going to build one of my flower boxes up and get it looking pretty. I have plenty of other yard work that can be done as well.

The main thing for me this weekend though is to catch up on sleep. I haven't been in the bed before midnight a single day this week. Last night, it was close to 2:00 a.m. before I was able to fall asleep. Insomnia has stricken hardcore this week and I feel like a zombie today. Draggin' ass.

The pup did good yesterday. He went the entire day without making a mess. I took him outside and he insta-peed. I walked him around for a bit, then he took that dump I've been waiting for. We played around for a bit. When we went back inside, he was all excited and of course peed right in the kitchen floor. I didn't catch him in the act. I just saw the resulting puddle.

I went out to Wal-Mart (that place gets more God Forsaken everyday) and come home with some supplies. I got one of those retractable leashes which he does much better with. I also bought a big pillow bed for the puppy which he loves. I got some Milk bone treats for when he does his business outside. Then I bought some food as well. He seems to be eating this brand that my friends gave me, so I stuck with that brand. I did forget to pick up some pet shampoo and a bowl though, so I gotta get that stuff sometime today or tomorrow.

When I got home from Wal-Mart, I was going to let the puppy out again, but he decided to let himself out. Before I could get the leash on him, he was out the door. Wide open he went about half way down the yard. I yelled for him and he ignored me at first. Then I gave a more stern yell and he came right back. Thankfully I didn't have to take my fat ass racing through the neighborhood chasing the skinny, fast dog.

We're starting to get a routine going. I want to get him a kennel so he can stay outside when it's pretty. Lowe's has a 10' x 10' kennel for $50. I'm going to check that bad boy out this weekend. That plus a little dog house would be great!

0 comments: