Friday, May 9, 2008

I want to get back into poker


I want to get back into poker, but my heart just isn't into playing online anymore. I love the game and all, but online poker has basically turned into a video game that I've played to death and will never get the high score on. The games get tougher and tougher and the sites get shadier and shadier and I really just don't want anything to do with it anymore.

I have cashed out most of my bankroll and it's slowly making it's way into my "rainy day" checking account. I originally cashed this money out to have on hand week before last when I was going to Cleveland but had no cash on hand. Fortunately, I didn't have to spend a penny of that money. So, now I have a small live poker bankroll. Hrmmm.

I need to get back with the program on which poker games are running these days though. I'm pretty sure there is a Wednesday night game in B-field still running. These guys are annoying pricks with too much money, so that would be my most logical place to start. There are also some games run at the Fraternal places spread throughout town. Most of these are tournaments though. I'm not opposed to tournaments, but cash games are far better for me. Then there's the place where I got cleaned out before Christmas last year.... pretty sure they still run games there too. I think there's just as many games running in this area as in G-Vegas during it's prime. It's still illegal here, but the cops don't come busting down the doors with their Bible's drawn willing to shoot any offender down with the power of prayer. Our cops are more interested in harassing teenagers with quarter bags of weed.

I'm awaiting details on when all the games are running, but I think this Live poker thing might be good for me. It gets me out of the house. I socialize (ugh). Doesn't cause too much boredom, etc. Oh yeah, and if I ever learn how to play this game again, I'll make some money.

0 comments: