Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Landscaping with MS Paint

I hurried home to work on my yard yesterday. I got it about 90% mowed before the sun ran out of juice and I was mowing in the dark. I had no time to weedeat or anything else. I'll try to finish it up this evening if it doesn't rain.

In the meantime, I've been thinking about landscaping and coming up with a gameplan of where I want the flowers/shrubs/etc to be. Here are my thoughts on where those should go:



The squiggly circles are trees. They are marked "M" for Maple, "P" for pine, and "A" for apple. The brown area is my house and the lighter brown surrounding it is my porch/deck/patio thingy. The red areas are areas where I want to focus my landscaping first.

I'm going to start with the area between the 2 apple trees. I plan on building a flowerbox in between the 2 trees and having a few flowers there. Nothing fancy...just landscaping timbers, some dirt, and flowers.

The red area between the sidewalk, porch and driveway is an already built flower box that houses nothing but turbo growing dandelions. I cut them down one day, the next day, they bring a bunch of their buddies along and laugh at me. I need to do some digging to and get some good dirt and weed mat in there so I can grow flowers and not weeeds. There is also a section across the sidewalk from that box which is on an incline. This section already has some flowers and shrubbery that looks fantastic right now. I just need to clean it up a bit.

The next thing is the big red square in front of the privacy fence. I'm not sure what I want here. I'd like to build a nice flower box, but I have a lot of room to play around. I was thinking maybe even a small pond or something like that would look nice here.

Once that part is out of the way, all I have are some areas surround the perimiter of the house. These are already marked off, but with some PVC tubing instead of something proper like bricks or landscape timbers. I have some ideas for this, but I want to bring in my greenhouse running buddies for a 2nd opinion.

0 comments: