Friday, May 9, 2008

I'm bored

I'm so bored right now. I need something to do. I've fell into this rut of coming home and crashing in front of a computer screen watching baseball games until I pass out. But it's Friday and I'm ready for a little excitement. I really can't think of much to do though.

Option 22 are playing at the Villa (my friends' band's drummer's place). I've never heard them before, but I hear they are pretty good. They are a basically a hippie jam band much like Government Mule or Widespread Panic. I kind of want to see that show. The show starts at 8:00 p.m., so I'll have plenty of time to get there and if they suck, plenty of time to go do something else.

Other than being a groupie for these local bands, I need a hobby though. Golf just doesn't seem to cut it for me anymore as it's expensive and the only time I can really play is on the weekend and my friends usually can't play.

I want something a little more exciting than golf or fishing. Something new and fresh. Something constructive, yet fun. My life has become so monotonous lately. Same thing day in and day out. I'd like to find something that my friends would enjoy as well. I really have no clue what to do though.

I thought about buying a disc golf set and trying that out. I have a decent place in the back yard and my buddy Rog's place has all the real estate we'd need as he has acres upon acres of land. I found some starter sets on Amazon fairly cheap. Seems like fun too.

Any ideas on a fun, preferably outdoor activity that a bunch of overgrown kids would enjoy?

0 comments: