Wednesday, May 21, 2008

New Member of the Family

So I'm minding my own business yesterday when I received a text message from my good buddy Jim.

"Want a dog?" was all the text said. I knew what dog he spoke about and most likely knew the reason why they wanted to get rid of the dog. What I didn't know was anything about the dog itself.

Jim and his wife Les just had a baby late last year. They just bought a new house around the same time. I dont know the whole story, but the dog just showed up. They put up signs and everything looking for the owners, but had no luck.

Both of them work and with the baby, they just aren't ready to have a dog. So, they asked me. I hesitated at first. I've never in my life owned a dog. I love dogs though. I get a lot of enjoyment out of playing with others' dogs. But one of my own that I have to feed and bathe and all that jazz? Whew...sounds like responsibility.

I had pretty much avoided adopting the dog last night by not giving a definitive answer. Do I want a dog? Yes. Am I ready for a dog though? That's a different question. I wasn't so sure.

I was talking to Leslie today on the IM and she sent me a pic of the dog:



How can you say no to that? I'll be dropping by this evening to sign the adoption papers and welcome him into my home :)

0 comments: