Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Waves



Motivation is a funny thing. 48 hours ago, sitting down at a poker table was the equivalent to eating all my vegetables. It wasn't going to kill me, but it wasn't what I was looking forward to doing. Then all of the sudden last night, I'm watching an episode of Dexter when all of the sudden I'm wanting to grind out a bunch of hands. I actually stopped the episode to start playing. Hey, you have to take advantage of motivated times!

I think I played around 700 hands last night and I was willing to put in more, but ran out of time. I need to get in bed earlier at night, so I stopped in time to allow myself to "wind down" before hitting the sack. I finished my episode of Dexter while I unwound.

I have the will to sit down and continue cranking out hands today too. However, real life is standing in the way of that. I have work, then bowling directly after work. I could maybe fit in a couple hundred hands after bowling, but I have a brand new honking episode of The Wire to watch before bedtime :)

There's always tomorrow and the weekend. I don't really have much in the way of plans. I'm not sure what the weather is going to be like either, but if it's bad, I can see myself playing a bunch of poker this weekend.

---

Tomorrow marks the end of the month for me pokerwise too. I'll have an official month end post tomorrow, but this has shaped up to be my best month since redpositing and starting to regrind out a bankroll. It's not a huge month by no means, but still a decent month. The bankroll fairly healthy. My plans are to continue grinding in February on the $50NL tables and then hopefully begin the $100NL tables come March 1.

I need to take more breaks when I play poker though. I forced myself to play a lot this month and those forced sessions were never any good. When I'm motivated to play, I normally play A LOT, so it all evens out.

So cheers! This is my first winning January since ... ummm ever. January 2005 saw my first big skid at the $5/10 tables. January 2006 was in the middle of my worst limit skid ever across 5/10, 3/6, and 2/4 tables. January 2007... I didn't even really play that I can remember.

0 comments: