Sunday, January 20, 2008

Looking up and ahead..

Things are looking up again in the poker world. I have had a few winning sessions lately... nothing major, just solid grindage. It's nice to see the line on my poker graph moving north instead of straight east by southeast :)

The bankroll is now around the $900 mark. Hopefully, I can finish off the rest of the month strong and move up to $50 NL in February. I have 2 weeks left in this month, so I should be able to finish with a fair amount of hands played for the month (somewhere around the 18K - 20K mark) and hopefully some solid results as well. This will give me my 25k hand stint at the $25 tables a solid effort all around and a good stopping point for that limit.

The one thing I like about moving up is the fact that the higher I go, the less the rake hurts my bottom line. Playing NL though, that's not a great concern, especially since I'm done with $10NL that gets over-raked on Full Tilt IMO. I'm only making somewhere around $5/hr in 2008 though which sucks. That includes my rakeback as well. However, I have been on a constant breakeven streak since 2008, so my winrate should be a bit higher than that. According to Pokertracker, I'm making $7.59/hr minus rakeback. Hopefully that will close to double or more when I move up.

0 comments: