Wednesday, January 23, 2008

New Heat Pump

I finally said "fuck it" when it comes to dealing with my old heat pump. I tried getting it worked on and now it's just going to cost a lot of money to fix. Then I tried just dealing with the "emergency heat" until this summer comes and I need an A/C. A $250 electric bill cured that thought.

This Saturday morning, I'm getting a new heat pump installed. It's going to cost a pretty penny, but not as bad as I anticipated. The good news is that all the duct work is in place, so hopefully it's just a matter of putting the inside and outside units in place and plugging them up. Hopefully.

My major expenses continue to add up for the year. This heat pump added to the fact that I'll probably need a new car, plus all the house work that still is to be done (carpet, outside paint, porch, lawn mower, etc). It's getting about that time to refinance the old homestead to free up some cash for this year. Interest rates are lower than this summer, so it might be a good time to do so.

0 comments: