Monday, January 14, 2008

Beat down.

I didn't leave my house for more than a cumulative 2 hours the entire weekend. This is rare for me since I'm hardly ever home. However, this sinus infection/whatever the hell I have has about killed me the past few days. I woke up yesterday feeling decent, but the more the day wore on, the more I wore out. Last night, I barely made it through Iron Chef America before turning in for the night. At least I got another good night's rest. It doesn't feel like it though.

This morning the alarm clock rang at 6:35 a.m., but I was already half-awake as I had woken up about 20 minutes before, but unsuccessfully was able to get back to sleep. I thought about one more sick day as I didn't feel nearly as well this morning as I did yesterday morning. I decided to suck it up and get in the shower. No sense in sitting on my ass wasting sick days when I can do the same thing at the office, huh?

So I went through my morning ritual. I needed to shave, but opted to hold off until tomorrow on that. I get all prettied up and went to see about the breakfast situation. Nothing appealed to me at all, so I opted to skip the most important part of the day. I went to my computer and was checking my email when it hit me...

I jumped up and ran to the bathroom. *ARLKSJGHIONVNOIHH*! I puked. My tie didn't survive the incident. It was a helpless bystander and caught some shrapnel from my projectile vomiting. I laid there hugging that porcelen Goddess wishing I could just take the cold comfort she was giving me at that point in time with me to work. Unfortunately, I'd look like an idiot carrying around a toilet with my head attached to it. So I got up, sucked it up (and changed ties) and came to work.

Now here I am with 3 hours left in the day. I feel beat down unlike I have in a long time. I'm actually sick! I probably should go to the doctor, but doctor's scare me. I'm scared to death of taking a finger in the ass, so I figure as long as I'm breathing, got all my fingers and toes, and speaking coherently, I'm not sick enough to warrant a doctor's visit.

----

On a good note, I did get my battery charger for my camera, so my picture taking abiliites have been renewed. I need to clean up a bit before getting all camera happy around the house. Being sick and all, I just left shit laying around all last week and now the place is a pig sty. If I feel any better this evening (I always feel better when I leave this place), then I'll do some cleaning up this evening.

0 comments: