Tuesday, January 22, 2008

1K

I've hit a milestone ladies and gents. I have crossed the $1000 mark for my bankroll. This is the first of many poker-related milestones I hope to cross this year. So far the results have been less than stellar, but at least there are some results to speak of.

The $1000 mark will allow me to move up in limits on the tables. Starting tonight, I'm going to try out some $50 tables. I've already played a few of the tables (6 max $50 NL). This was just single tabling, trying to get a feel for the doubled stakes. This evening, I think I'll just keep at the full ring games for the time being. I'm also going to stick with 4 tables for a week or so until I get a feel for the game. Then I'll add a few more tables.

$50 NL and $100 NL are my target limits for paying off a few bills. I have a credit card, I'm going to use poker money to pay off. Also, I'm getting a new heat pump installed on Saturday that my poker money is going to contribute to funding. Obviously, I can't just yank out my whole roll and expect to keep winning without a net. So I've got to come up with a gameplan for cashing out some money. I figure 1/2 of my winnings should be sufficient. I can cash out half my funds for bill paying purposes and the other half would go to growing the banrkoll.

I intend on spending at least 35K hands at the $50NL tables before moving up to $100NL. However, if I have a heater and the roll can support $100NL before those 35K hands have been dealt, I'm fine with moving up again. It's always been my experience that the $100NL tables were softer than the $50NL tables. I'm going to just go ahead and plan on playing $50NL for the remainder of this month, all of next month, and possibly March as well. You never know though.

0 comments: