Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Hi Ho Hi Ho...blah blah

It's back to work for the new year. The good news is that I don't have to work the phone for the rest of the week and listen to all the bitchy customers complain about having to close their year. The bad news is that I still have a load of work to do before next week when I head to Charlotte, NC for a business trip. The week after that I'll be in Winston Salem, NC. I think that's all the trips that are officially planned for right now, but I'm sure more will come up.

I spent the remainder of last night vegging out. I was dog tried from the lack of sleep the night before. I spent my time watching some of The Sopranos final episodes and watching UGA whoop the overrated Hawaii whatever the fuck they are... Warriors?. I also watched a bit of Iron Chef America on the food channel. I love that show. It's my favorite show on the network. I probably wouldn't dare eat 75% of the stuff they cook, but you gotta give it to these chefs. They are good. Last night they were cooking with rabbit.

I had intensions of playing more poker last night, but I decided to do something that I resolved to do this year... sleep. I ended up going to bed before 11:00 p.m. and it really helped when I got up this morning. I had a little bounce in my step and wasn't the irritable bastard I usually am when I go to work. I am pretty tired now though just because I've been working my butt off this morning. I'll take a break here in a few minutes and get me some lunch.

This brings me to my next thing. The healthy kick. I know every mouth breather in America promises to lose weight every New Year and probably 1% of the population actually follows through. I forgot to actually make a lunch this morning, so I'm stuck here with nothing to eat but fast food. I'll go to Subway for lunch, but I need to start bringing my lunches with me. Subway gets expensive every day. I don't think you can get a single combo on the menu for under $6. I'd rather spend that money on something else. I did remember to weigh myself this morning. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that I was 11 pounds lighter than the last time I weighed. The most astonishing thing about this was the last time I weighed was prior to Thanksgiving. So that's -11 pounds through the Holidays without even dieting. The biggest reason I can think of is that I have been eating more homecooked stuff and very minimal fast food. Now when I cook, I don't cook fat free shit. I use real butter and cheese and all the stuff that recipes call for. But I dont really make anything unhealthy. Most of the time, it's chicken or steak and a salad or something. However, I have made several desserts. Another contribuation to the -11 pounds would have to be my drinking less soda. Even diet soda. Yesterday, I limited myself to 2 sodas (24 oz) the entire day. THe rest of the time, it was water. Usually I drink diet soda. The real reason I was limiting myself was I wanted to regulate my caffeine intake so I can sleep better at night.

The -11 lbs is as much as a motivational factor as anything to get me started on losing weight this year. However, weight loss isn't my only goal. I want to be more healthy overall. This includes everything from stamina to blood sugar. I really need to incorporate an exercise routine into my schedule soon.

Tonight is bowling night. Also it's Fiesta bowl night. I'll be at the bowling alley most of the evening bowling and then watching WVU whoop up on Oklahoma. So no poker for me tonight.

0 comments: