Thursday, January 31, 2008

Hot Pursuit!

Last night, when I was leaving the bowling alley, I was in a trance. I was tired from bowling and working all day. I hadn't eaten in about 10 hours. All I could think about was food. I damn near t-boned a cop as he pulled out in front of me on the road. I was going about 5 mph over the speed limit, but he could have waited. Evidently that same cop turned around on me too. I rolled through a stop sign to get to a stop light (genious traffic design).


The light turned green almost instantly as I pulled up to it. I slowly pulled out onto the highway when a car whizzed past me. WTF?! He just ran that stop sign and nearly missed smashing into my truck. It was all really a blur. Remember that cop that turned around to get me? He thought this guy was more important, thankfully. The cop turned his attention towards the speeder that ran the red light and almost killed me. The I watched in amazement as the speeder got away. You've got to be kidding me. He sped up into a group of cars. Then took the next exit. The cop did not.

It didn't take long for the cop to realize what had happened. I laughed as I saw the cop do a U-Turn and come back the other way. Then another cop passed me and did a U-turn. Then as I continued home, I counted 5 more cops. High speed pursuit! I hope they caught the prick, but that was some shitty police work. No wonder the city cops around here make just above minimum wage.

0 comments: