Monday, January 28, 2008

No shirt no shoes no shit



I have a hard time on Monday mornings getting motivated. This morning was no different. I slept hard last night. That is until I woke up on my own around 6:25 a.m. The alarm was set for 6:35 a.m. I hate that shit. I changed the alarm to 6:45 and nodded back off.

This made the morning preperations rushed. I didn't really care though. I was too tired to focus anyway. Nothing was working in my brain. The shower had no effect on my level of focus. I was dog tired and wanted to go back to bed.

Normally I leave the house around 7:15 a.m. It was 7:27 a.m. and I hadn't even put on pants yet. FUCK ME! My clothes were in the washing machine! I fell asleep last night and forgot to put them in the dryer. These were ALL of my work clothes. I put on a pair of jeans and t-shirt and headed in, already late. I wasn't too worried, my boss wasn't going to be there anyway.

When I come back from lunch today, I got back to work. I was having a decent day. I was wearing comfortable clothes. It wasn't my day to answer the phone. Everything was hunky-dory. Then he walked in. My boss. What a douchebag. He can turn my day from bright and cheerful to dismal in mere seconds. It's not that the man is mean or anything. In fact, he's quite nice. However, he's a weasel. I can't really explain it, but the man is a piece of shit and our personalities clash. He looks down on people like he's better than them. Just to hear him order his food at a fast food restaraunt is like nails on a chalkboard. I refuse to eat if he's already ordered. I fear the phlegm content in my food. No way I work a fast food joint and have someone talk down to me like that and not fuck with his food. No sirree Bob! They just don't pay enough. Anyway, that's just an example.

Today, as soon as he got in the office, he started calling for my help. Fix this on my laptop. Fix that. I can't figure out how to copy this disc. It just went on and on and on for about 2hours. Then when I was working on his demo on his laptop, he had the balls to tell me that I wasn't wearing a tie and that was our company policy. I looked at him and he was wearing blue jeans, a long sleeve tee, and some tennis shoes. I was wearing jeans, golf shirt, dress shoes.

Not wanting to get into it with him, I just said "I have a bowling tournament after work and don't have time to go home and change". This was a total lie. I should have just told him how I felt.

"Look douchebag, I'm dressed up better than you! Your dress code is also retarded! The only person I see outside of co-workers in this office is the UPS man. Dress clothes are expensive, not comfortable, serve no purpose. I'd be happy to dress up for you when I go to another customers office a customer comes here, but to dress up just for the sake of dressing up is fucking retarded...just like you".

That's what I really want to say....someday maybe.

0 comments: