Monday, January 28, 2008

Bored with life


I abso-fucking-lutely had January. This month puts me on life tilt like no other. After the Christmas break, you aren't used to working these full days. You go back to work and then get another break for New Years. Super! Then..... nothing. January comes along and puts this big void in my entire world. What the fuck happens in January? I'll tell you what! Nothing! Nothing but bad weather and maybe a few new TV shows.

Needless to say, I've lost all motivation this month. I feel like I'm running on fumes and need a break. I don't see any breaks in site, so I'll have to make due. I'm searching for some sort of motivation. I'm having trouble finding it too. What can I do to motivate myself in life? I guess having something to look forward to helps.

Life problems have trickled into poker problems. I'm having to force myself to sit down at the tables these days. Then once I get there, I have to force myself to stay (unless I'm stuck). It's just not good poker be like that. I've got to the point, where I'm protecting wins by shortening my sessions and chasing losses by extending those sessions. Seems like it should be opposite right? The truth is that it shouldn't matter. Get your hands in and sweat the results later.

I have 4 days left in this month. I'm sitting on about 11K hands played this month with no desire to hit my mark of 17K. 6K hands in 4 days should be do-able. I do have bowling night as one obstacle though. There is nothing on TV tonight, so I'm cool tonight and I've pretty much set Tuesdays as my "poker" day. Wednesday will be tough to get in some hands. Thursday, I'm free with the exception of Lost. So, whatever time Lost comes on Thursday, that will be my deadline for getting in my hands this month.

0 comments: