Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Something has got to change

Just a small post before I go into my training session. I feel like crap today. I hate January and the winter in general. I feel like I'm in a rut and the only thing that brightens my day is sitting on my ass vegging out at nights. Of course I stay up too late watching TV or playing around on the internet and the whole cycle begins again the next day.

When I get the "blahs", I don't feel motivated to do anything. I don't want to play poker. I don't want to go out. I just want to be a hermit. So what if that makes me happy? It's not healthy, that's what! Something's gotta change.

I guess I keep waiting around for the stars to magically align and this change just thrust itself upon me. Well, that doesn't seem to be happening, so I have to be proactive. I have to motivate myself cause nothing or nobody else is going to do it for me.

I guess the first thing that would help is a good night sleep. I need to get in bed sometime before midnight. This hasn't been happening lately. I stay up later (for no particular reason). Then I hit the snooze button in the morning a few times. This, in turn, means I don't have time for breakfast. Not a great way to start the day?

So, now bedtime is no later than 10:30 p.m. unless there is a good excuse. Also, I must start having breakfast.

Baby steps.

0 comments: