Friday, January 25, 2008

Poker Simpson



I made my way on to the virtual tables last night for a session. I only played for an hour and a half or so because I was on the verge of monkey tilt. Last night, I started out quickly had a good night going. Then in a stretch of about 50 hands, it was all gone and then some. I continued grinding until I got even and then just shut it down.

So far, I'm winning, but at a dismal pace at the $50NL tables. I still haven't quit pulled out of the funk of bad cards I've been in lately. There was some hope for a bit, but c'mon! I'm ready for a heater!

I spent a fair amount of time working on this blog yesterday too. I went through and categorized all the posts. I created a quick logo. I also politely asked quite a few bloggers for link exchanges.

After my poker adventures, I watched The Simpsons Movie that I had laying around from Netflix. I'm not a huge Simpsons fan. I like the show alright, it's just not something I watch very often. The movie was decent. I chuckled in a few spots. However, it was severely Homer based and they spent very little time with the side characters that make the show good (Krusty, Millhouse, The cop, Moe, etc). Hell, there was not all that much of Bart!

Tonight, I plan on putting in a marathon poker session. However, before that I have a no-tap bowling tournament at 7:30. I haven't bowled in a no-tap in ages. For those that don't bowl, a no-tap tournament is just like regular bowling except if you knock down 9 pins on your first ball, it's still a strike. High scores my friend. Spares are not an option. I need to roll at least 1 300 game to compete (unless they completely FUBAR the oil pattern on the lanes).

After the tournament, I plan on just going back home and grinding out a bunch of hands on Full Tilt. I'd like to get in 2K hands if I can. I can't stay up too late, cause I gotta be up early tomorrow for a haircut and to get my heat pump installed.

0 comments: