Friday, January 11, 2008

Not dead, but I feel like it

I haven't been able to post any lately. Work has been pretty much the reason. I had to go to Charlotte this week for 3 days. I got to take my Dad's Garmin Nuvie GPS on this trip. Let me tell you something, that little device makes traveling a whole lot more enjoyable. You can actually find shit...even when there's traffic.

I didn't get to play a single hand of poker while I was down there, even though I did have internet access. I was feeling sickness coming on, so I spent most of my time asleep or working. I haven't been in the office the past 2 days either. I've got a sinus infection and it's killing me.

The good news is that I had about 10.5 hours sleep yesterday and a shade over 12 last night. I haven't had sleep like that in years. Weird dreams though.

Poker hasn't gone all that great so far this year. I'm only up a couple buyins and my hourly rate has plummeted to $6/hour. I haven't put in a huge number of hours either due to my work schedule and not feeling well. I think I've played somewhere around 4000 hands in 10.75 hours. That's just a tad under my goal hours for a single week. We are on the 11th day of January. Not so good!

I do intend to make up some ground on my hours today. I've already logged a 2 hour session (where I couldn't make a hand hold up!). I'm going to take a little lunch break and hit them again. I hope to get another 2K+ hand day today!

0 comments: