Thursday, January 24, 2008

New Office

I have been thinking about what it is that I want to do with some of the extra space in my house. I still have this huge 4th bedroom that still needs to be finished, but also has no real use to me. I was thinking about turning it into a gym at one point. I also contemplated turning it into a work shop. I think I've finally decided a use for it. How about a new office?

If you viewed my pictures from the other day of the house, you can see my office is less than stellar. It's got that ugly wood paneling. It's also small and feels cluttered. Then throw in the fact that I don't have a decent computer desk and you just have a crappy work environment. Worse than what I used to have before. At least I used to have a computer desk at my old place.

The first item on my agenda is to find a decent desk. I don't want you standard Staples/Wal-Mart computer desk that is made of nothing but particle board and you have to spend an entire day putting together. I want a quality desk. Something like and executive or a teacher with taste would have. I'm not sure where to find such a beast without having to spend a gazillion bucks, but I'm searching.

I love my chair, so I'm good there. I bought it from Sam's Club a few years back. It's probably the only thing I've ever purchased from that place and been satisfied with the product I got. The chair was still in the $200 range, so it wasn't a cheapo deal.

Here's the gameplan for this huge 4th bedroom. First I will get a good desk and move my computers to the room. This will un-clutter my space as well. I also would like to have a smallish LCD TV hanging on the wall in the room, just above my desk. I have a nice bookshelf stereo deal that can go into the room for tunes plus I have 7.1 surround on my PC. Other than the computer equipment, there will still be plenty of room for some exercise equipment as well. I have a treadmill, weight bench, and one of my friends offered me a weight machine for free. Those should all fit without any problem.

I think it will be a pretty pimp little pad when all is said and done. A good place to focus when it comes poker time. I can also get in a little exercise between sessions or do some gaming or watch TV. It will be my sanctuary within my own sanctuary :)

0 comments: