Monday, June 23, 2008

Ugh

I’m back from vacation and back to the grind.  Vacation was OK.  The highlight was definitely fishing with my Dad.  The low-light was me getting a stomach bug.

I didn’t get anything accomplished chore wise during the week other than cleaning up the truck.  I had several other plans for later in the week, but they got scratched in favor of bed and relaxation.

I did manage to play about 5000 hands during the week.  Not quite what I had planned on doing, but better than nothing.  The good news is that I ran pretty well and actually made money.  Does it count as running hot when you put your money in ahead and your hands actually hold up?

I spent a good deal of time playing tournaments too.  No big scores, but I did make several final tables including a 2nd place finish in a limit HORSE tourney.  That’s the first time I can recall getting 2nd in a MTT.  I can’t recall a single time I got heads up and didn’t finish the job (Single Table SnG’s not included).

The good news coming from my vacation time is that I didn’t burn myself out on poker and I now have confidence in my game.  I feel like I can sit in a MTT and go deep or sit down in a cash down and double up fairly easily.  More on this as I get more time to post.

0 comments: