Monday, June 9, 2008

One of the most exciting pieces of poker news I've read in the past few days is something that you might not know about. Dusty aka Leatherass9 and Jared Tendler are writing a book. Some of you might know Leatherass from his blogs and his amazing grinding abilities. He's an awesome poker player, but I most respect his ability to play thousands of hands a day without burning out.

I'm sure most don't know who Jared Tendler is. Well, he's a mental game coach for ... GOLFERS. Dusty hired him a while back to help him with some sever bouts with variance and staying tilt free. Then the crew at Stoxpoker liked his techniques so much, they hired him.

This book will obviously focus on the mental aspects of poker. This is probably what bugs me the most about the game. Whether it be downswings, breakeven stretches, or even general assholes and angle shooters, I get burnt out on poker frequently. This book will hopefully deal with those aspects.

However, the one thing that excites me most about this book came from this excerpt:

Many of you have asked Dusty, “How he is able to grind so many hands?” The question that you really want answered is, “How I can become a grinder?” In the book I’ll show you how.


Weird as I have been asking this question over the past 2 weeks.

0 comments: