Monday, June 2, 2008

I had a fairly full-fulling weekend. I spent most of the time working on the yard. I woke up early on Saturday morning because the Puppy just wasn't being good. I let him sleep outside of the crate and I paid for that one. I really wanted to go back to bed and skip out on his vet appointment, but I sucked it up. I wasn't sure if I could handle the pup on no sleep in a room full of strange animals.

Fortunately when we got there, he was a good pup. He wanted to check out the other animals, but just some sniffing. He was in a new environment and wanted to check out EVERYTHING. But I was able to reasonably control him (Much better than some of the other pet owners). He did good for the vet too. He got all his shots. The vet said he was probably about 7 months old. He was completely healthy with no heart worms or any other things they try to scare you with. Did you know that dogs can get venerial diseases? What's next, puppy condoms? I also made an appointment to get him neutered on June 20th.

After the vet, I had to go find some mulch. It's not like the shit is hard to find. Everybody sells it. I picked the place closest to the house. The guy didn't seem very interested in selling it though. He then quoted me a price of $60/scoop. I politely told him to go fuck himself and moved on to the next place. It was $22/scoop at the 2nd place with much better looking mulch. Sold.

Then came the fun part...actually putting that shit down. It really only took about 2 to 2.5 hours, but it was manual labor though. My damn fingers can barely move right now after a constant swinging of the shovel and rake. Fat people and manual labor don't mix.

My parents left about 4:30 a.m. this morning to go to Atlantic City. They are just staying through Wednesday. It's a birthday trip for my Mom and Dad both. I, on the other hand, don't have any obligations in the evening time until they get back into town. So the timing is perfect. I have the next 3 nights to work off as much of the Full Tilt bonus as possible. I'm not going to get the entire bonus worked off, but I want to get at least $100 of it.

I didn't get in any of the marathon sessions this weekend like I had intended because of the yard work and all the nice weather we had. I did get my 2 hour session I had promised in though. This week, I kick it up to 2 hours a night on the tables. I might mix it up between 1 hour limit and 1 hour no limit. It just all depends on the flow of the games.

Lastly, I've been following this guy trying to win $10K in a month at $25NL. Talk about a grinder. Sweet Jesus the man has played like 150K hands in 10 days. Thats just sickening. I wish I could find a way to even get remotely close to that kind of number. By the way, no chance in hell he is able to pull this one off. $10K is a huge number when youre talking microstakes poker.

0 comments: