Thursday, June 26, 2008

F Real Life in the A

Well, I thought an extended session was coming on last night.  However, my mother informed me otherwise.  My cousin from the Coast Guard was in town and we were having a cook out.  I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to play some Cornhole.

I had a pretty good time and the puppy went with me so he got to play with all kinds of new people and a couple other dogs.  This equals a wore out puppy when we get home at night which allows me to play poker while he rests.

I was proud of myself because I made time to play poker.  It was getting late, but I really really wanted to play.  So I skipped out on watching the tail end of a couple baseball games in favor of poker. 

I played very well with the exception of 1 hand.  Other than that, it was smooth sailing just like the last couple days have been in poker.  I feel so confident at the tables these days and it rocks.  I don’t seem to be getting smacked with the deck or anything.  I’m just being more aggressive and contesting flops that are less likely to hit my opponents range.

I was going through my stats for the month after my session and I have only been dealt Aces 3 times this entire month.  They have won all 3 times, but only stole the blinds.  I have only been dealt Kings 3 times and they are my biggest loser for the month.  Only because I got it all in pre-flop twice and lost both times.  Once to Ac5c and once to AJo.  The other 3 times, I took the blinds.

So it’s not like I’m running good or anything.  It’s more like things are clicking and the gears are running smoothly.  I feel like a well oiled machine on the tables and it’s fantastic.  I can’t wait to get back and play some more.  I’ll probably play a little bit more tonight, but I feel a marathon session coming on this weekend.  I might pull and all-nighter Friday or Saturday if nothing is going on.

Now, I leave you with this decision.  What do YOU do in this hand?  Villain is 21/5/1.54 over 584 hands.

--------------------
HAND #1
--------------------

Full Tilt, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker

CO: $32.30 (129.2 bb)
BTN: $10.80 (43.2 bb)
SB: $25.10 (100.4 bb)
Predator314 (BB): $34.75 (139 bb)
UTG: $54.95 (219.8 bb)
MP: $7.90 (31.6 bb)

Pre-Flop: Predator314 is BB with Q of diamonds Q of hearts
4 folds, SB raises to $0.75, Predator314 raises to $2.25, SB calls $1.50

Flop: ($4.50) J of diamonds J of spades T of spades (2 players)
SB bets $22.85 and is all-in, Predator314 has no fucking clue what to do.

0 comments: