Monday, June 9, 2008

I did my fair amount of poker grinding over the weekend. The results were poor, but I was happy with the amount of hands I was able to play. Especially since this was a weekend filled with plans.

Friday night, I hit the sack early, so I only played a few hundred hands. I had to be up at 4:00 a.m., so I went to bed around 11:00 or so. I went fishing that Saturday morning. I left the house around 4:00 a.m. and got home around 5:30 p.m. It was a long day and very HOT. I loved it.

I caught a few trout on the fishing trip. I think my final total was 5. I kept 3 of the 5. My buddy Rusty caught like 7-8 and kept all his. It was too hot for trout fishing really, but we made due with what we had to work with.

I was dog tired when I got home, but did grind several hundred hands. I couldn't get anything to hold up and kept getting kicked in the nuts by the dealer. More of the same yesterday as I got up early and grindout out quite a bit.

I think I'm over my LHE phase again. After seeing my winnings go through the roof initially, my win line has cleared the hump and headed south. WAY SOUTH! Back to even. I hate LHE.

So, I started up Stoxpoker and some of Ed Miller's videos and caught the NLHE bug again. I really need to learn that game. So here's my gameplan:

20,000 hands at .10/.25 and re-evaluate results. If I feel comfortable with the game after that amount, then move up. If I'm still struggling, keep studying and do another 20K hands. And basically just repeat this process as I hopefully progress up the ranks.

The one thing I want to avoid is having a heater, decided I'm crushing the games, move up in limits and blow my bankroll because I thought I was a winning player. And here's something I'm going to confess here and now:

Post UIGEA, I'm no longer a winning poker player

0 comments: