Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Hardball

Last night, I opted to take the puppy out to the softball field to watch my friends play in a tournament.  My friends won their game and the puppy had fun and wore himself out for the evening, so all in all it was a success.  I didn’t play a single hand of poker though.

Tonight, I’m going back out to watch a baseball game.  The P-Rays are playing the Danville Braves.  I’m a big Braves fan, but I’ll still be rooting on the local team.  I’m kinda bummed about the P-Rays because I thought Tim Beckham was coming.  It looks now like he will skip rookie ball and go straight to A ball.  I guess commanding a $6 million signing bonus you can also command a no-rookie league clause in your contract.

There’s not much else going on in my world lately.  I’ve kind of fell into a rut in life lately.  I think I might have found a way out….restoring old friendships and what-not.  Maybe more on that later, maybe not.

0 comments: