Monday, June 30, 2008

Morning from hell

Well, it’s a fuckin Monday alright.

This has been the morning from hell.  It all started innocently enough.  I got out of bed after a decent night’s sleep (for me).  Let the pup out while I got showered and ready for work.  I was even early getting ready and proud of myself.  I was going to be at work on time.

I let the puppy back in to play with him for a little bit before I left.  Then something happened.  Puppy decided to be an asshole.  He refused to go in his crate.  No matter how hard I tried, he wouldn’t go.  I have a backup plan for these types of instances.  I’ll just put him in the downstairs bathroom.  Tile floor, fairly small, and I have him a bed and food/water set up down there.  He refused to go in there too!  I wasted 30 God damned minutes dealing with this dog and really had lost my cool by now.

The good news is that my mother would be showing up in about 30 more minutes.  I am having carpet installed today and she had to let the carpet people in.  I finally gave up and locked him in the den downstairs.  There’s not a lot he can get into down there. WRONG!

I get a call from my Mom right at 8:00.  I’m still on the way to the office, but not there yet because of the damn dog making me late.  I had forgot to leave a key for my Mother to get in.  Fucking Christ!  It was pouring the rain, I was already pissed off, damn near empty on gas, and about 48 minutes into my 50 minute commute.

I got into the office, told them I had to go back home.  I pumped some gas, and started another 50 minute commute back home.  My mother had already fell asleep in her vehicle waiting on me.  When I got home, I looked through the sliding glass door where the puppy was.  He had chewed up my vertical blinds!  Not just a little bit either.  Fucking destroyed.  Also, he shit in the floor.

I’m at my wits end with the puppy.  He was doing so good for so long.  But now, it’s like he wants to butt heads with me.  I’ve read so much about doing the positive re-enforcement with the dogs, but I think I’ve failed to establish that I’m the leader of the pack along the way.  I’m not real sure why either.  So far, I figure the puppy has cost me over $1000 with the shit he’s chewed up.

I’m not going to get rid of him or anything.  I love the dog and the company he gives me.  But I have to get him trained or he’s going to tear up everything I own.

0 comments: