Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Tonight I grind!

The only poker I’ve played the past 2 days was yesterday at lunch, I got in about 100 hands at $10NL on Stars just donking around.  I tripled up in those few hands and everything seemed like child’s play compared to what I have been playing.  I just randomly selected an open table on Stars and it was like the Good Ol’ Party Poker days.  I wonder what their $25NL tables are like these days?  I have been playing mostly on Full Tilt.

Monday night, I went to a softball game and didn’t play any poker that night.  Last night, I went to watch the Princeton Devil Rays play an exciting game and actually win.  I got excited when I saw Danville’s coach was Paul Runge.  I love sub-par 80’s baseball players.  A couple years ago I got to chat with Darryl Evans and he signed my hat.  How cool am I?  I have met some good players as well though.  I’ve met Phil Niekro, Cal Ripken Jr and Sr., Glen Hubbard (he belongs in the sub-par category), and probably some more that I’ve forgotten about over the years.  I’ve also watched Carl Crawford, Rick Ankiel, Jonny Gomes, Josh Hamilton, and probably a lot more without realizing it.  Minor League baseball is the nuts.

Anyway, back to poker, I’ve been really itching to hit the virtual felt lately.  I feel an extended session coming on tonight too.  I’m going to skip out on the baseball game tonight (I’ll be watching MLB.tv though) and opt for a night in with the puppy, some No Limit Hold ‘Em, and just some alone time.  I’ve been a social butterfly this week and that’s just not acceptable!

I figure I have about 1 week of $25NL left in me before I move on to the $50NL waters.  I’ll have about 25-30 buyins to play with depending on how well I do these last few thousand hands go and how much rakeback I end up with when all said and done.

My winrate is not what you would call phenomenal at the $25NL level as it is < 4 PTBB/100.  However, I have a pretty large downswing in the middle there… a little over 16 buyins.  If you can play 20K hands, sustain a 16 buyin downswing, and still post a 3+ PTBB/100 winrate, I’d say it’s time to move on.  No real reason wasting another 20K hands at this level unless I have to retreat from the $50NL games.

0 comments: