Monday, April 7, 2008

Winning the Fast Food war!

Subway has the tools to win the Fast Food war. They could blow McDonalds out of the water because they have found a niche: Fat people. When you think healthy fast food, you have to think Subway. I do anyway.

Subway has all the tools to become bigger than McDonalds. The food tastes better and is better for you. However, there are problems that will prevent that from ever happening.

First of all, Subway is expensive! I just paid $7.50 for a ham sandwich! C'mon guys, everyone has the dollar menu and then you have a product that doesn't even require being cooked and you charge $4-5 for a half sandwich? Add another $2.20 for chips and a drink and it's a down right rip off. For that $7.50, I can make my own sandwiches, chips, and drinks for the entire week!

Also, Subway's service has historically sucked ass. I have frequented many of their establishments all over the east coast and the only one that I would say had good service was the one in a commons area of my old college. The rest are filled with lazy, ignorant workers who can't hold a job any place else. How hard is it to place some meat and cheese between a slice of bread? Evidently, it's more challenging than I thought because for some reason, it always takes me 30 minutes to get my damn sandwich regardless of how many people are in line.

Lastly, what's the deal with not having a drive-thru at most locations? This is just pure laziness on their part. You have to realize that your niche audience are lazy people and don't want to get out of their car. So they will choose McDonalds and the convenience of never having to get out of the car over Subway every time!

Bottom line: Subway, if you lower your prices, practice better hiring standards, and put in some more drive-thru's and you will topple all the other fast food restaraunts in town.

0 comments: